Beyonce, Jay-Z to raise money for Obama
WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama's re-election campaign is getting a boost from pop stars Beyonce and Jay-Z.
The superstar couple will hold a fundraiser with Obama on Tuesday at a swanky New York nightclub that Jay-Z owns.
Tickets are $40,000, but the campaign says a small donation lands a chance to win two tickets -- airfare and hotel included.
Beyonce says in an email to Obama's supporters that she's a huge fan and will do whatever it takes to help him win a close race.
This isn't the first time the Obamas have teamed up with the A-list couple to promote each other's' causes. Michelle Obama helped Beyonce with efforts to promote global humanitarianism, and the president appeared in a pre-recorded video earlier this month at a Jay-Z event in Philadelphia.
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Suspected beer thief caught in north Houston 1 min ago
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects 1 min ago
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- 'Bachelor' finale, plus see new 'Bachelorette' 3 min ago
- Parents distracted by devices, study says 45 min ago
- Colorado collects $2 million in recreational pot taxes 4 min ago
- Information on price tags decoded
19 min ago