Tyler Perry gives woman van after hers is stolen
DECATUR, GA -- Filmmaker Tyler Perry is donating a new vehicle to a Georgia woman with cerebral palsy after her specially-equipped van was stolen outside Atlanta.
Perry tells Atlanta station WSB-TV he decided to give Alicia Day a brand new van after he saw a news report about the theft this week.
Authorities say Day's 2000 Chrysler Town and Country van was stolen from her Decatur driveway sometime Sunday night.
Day, who uses a wheelchair, told WSB she prides herself on being independent and works part-time as a greeter at Home Depot. Her mother relied on the van to take Day to work and to doctor appointments.
Day said "my mouth just dropped to the floor" when she learned Perry would give her a new van.
- Deputy's family speaks out about his death 10 min ago
- Details to be released on plans for 2017 Super Bowl
- Thieves get away with $100,000 in loot 1 min ago
- OK residents come home to pick up the pieces
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- UK official: London attack could be terror-related
- Texas AG sues to get Galveston Co. judge off bench 4 min ago
- Overturned big rig causing rush hour problems on 288 44 min ago
- Jodi Arias jury deadlocked but must continue
- Game warden kills alligator on street in Clear Lake 21 min ago
- Child at center of Amber Alert found safe 21 min ago
- Baby found in trash bag can have new parents
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 5 modern day health woes, solved
- Ancient Egyptian exhibit to expand in Houston
14 min ago