Tyler Perry gives woman van after hers is stolen
DECATUR, GA -- Filmmaker Tyler Perry is donating a new vehicle to a Georgia woman with cerebral palsy after her specially-equipped van was stolen outside Atlanta.
Perry tells Atlanta station WSB-TV he decided to give Alicia Day a brand new van after he saw a news report about the theft this week.
Authorities say Day's 2000 Chrysler Town and Country van was stolen from her Decatur driveway sometime Sunday night.
Day, who uses a wheelchair, told WSB she prides herself on being independent and works part-time as a greeter at Home Depot. Her mother relied on the van to take Day to work and to doctor appointments.
Day said "my mouth just dropped to the floor" when she learned Perry would give her a new van.
- Helping those left homeless by fire
- Man accused of leaving co-worker naked in ditch
- Cleveland ISD: Girl resisting officer hit with Taser
- 'Hero' bus driver saves girl from dog attack
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Man's body found in middle of street in SW Houston 31 min ago
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake' 22 min ago
- Winning Mega Millions jackpot numbers drawn
- Special member of abc13 family passes away
- Mandela's body arrives for viewing in South Africa 5 min ago
- What's going to be built on Beacon Island?
- You can still save on Christmas gifts
- Farmers' market fire in China's Shenzhen kills 16
- Police: Ohio infant apparently killed by dogs
- David Tillman's Wednesday weather forecast
11 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos