Urban relishes peacemaker role on 'Idol'
NEW YORK -- American Idol" season 12 tapings are just getting under way and Keith Urban has already become more than just a judge: he's also the pacifier on the newly-minted panel.
The country crooner likened his role on "Idol" to that of the United Nations Wednesday on the red carpet at the New York Film Festival gala honoring his wife, Nicole Kidman.
Rumors of drama between fellow judges Nicki Minaj and Mariah Carey have been swirling for weeks. A blurry web video released Tuesday by TMZ.com shows what appears to be an argument between Minaj and Carey.
Urban said the judges are all simply "passionate people," but insisted the group, which includes veteran judge Randy Jackson, is "getting along."
Season 12 premieres in January.
- Parts of Astrodome demolished
- Smoke prompts IAH Terminal B evacuations
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband charged
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's powerful uncle
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- Wrecker driver shot in NE Houston
- 2013 College bowl schedule
- Salvation Army ringer sets 105-hour record
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- Officials find 11 dead whales in Florida Keys
- Local post offices open Sundays for holiday rush
- No more ice, but cold weather continues