Judy Garland's `Wizard of Oz' dress up for auction
LOS ANGELES, CA -- The Dorothy dress is going up for auction.
Celebrity auctioneer Darren Julien says Judy Garland's original costume from "The Wizard of Oz" could sell for half a million dollars when it hits the auction block next month.
The white puff-sleeve blouse and blue gingham pinafore has inspired countless Halloween costumes since the film was released in 1939. Although several identical dresses were made for the production, the dress to be sold is the only version seen in the film and the only complete original dress to survive.
The outfit will be on view at London's Stafford Hotel beginning Tuesday, before being exhibited at Julien's Auctions in Beverly Hills, Calif., Nov. 5-9, prior to the auction Nov. 9-10.
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Police: Woman tried to abduct boy walking to school
- HFD vehicle involved in deadly accident
- ABC13 gets exclusive tour of home after drug bust
- Neighbors forced to pull up community garden
- Officer fatally shoots burglary suspect
- Arrested partiers claim Galveston police went too far
- HPD officer involved in northeast Houston crash
- Fire engulfs northeast Houston home
- Obama imposes sanctions over Ukraine crisis
- Man to be tried as adult for deadly childhood attack
- Two arrested in deadly hit-and-run on FM 1960
- Woman asleep in Bieber's rented home arrested
- Woman's mummified body found at Detroit-area home