Judy Garland's `Wizard of Oz' dress up for auction
LOS ANGELES, CA -- The Dorothy dress is going up for auction.
Celebrity auctioneer Darren Julien says Judy Garland's original costume from "The Wizard of Oz" could sell for half a million dollars when it hits the auction block next month.
The white puff-sleeve blouse and blue gingham pinafore has inspired countless Halloween costumes since the film was released in 1939. Although several identical dresses were made for the production, the dress to be sold is the only version seen in the film and the only complete original dress to survive.
The outfit will be on view at London's Stafford Hotel beginning Tuesday, before being exhibited at Julien's Auctions in Beverly Hills, Calif., Nov. 5-9, prior to the auction Nov. 9-10.
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Williams in talks to reprise 'Mrs. Doubtfire' role
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- Teen accused of threatening attack on Splendora HS
- Police: Man ate pot candy before shooting his wife
- Chelsea Clinton announces she's pregnant 40 min ago
- Student caught with gun on campus
- Man shimmies through burglar bars at tattoo parlor
- Photos: Know any of Harris Co.'s featured fugitives?
- Dangerous sex offenders' moving into Houston area? 43 min ago