Judy Garland's `Wizard of Oz' dress up for auction
LOS ANGELES, CA -- The Dorothy dress is going up for auction.
Celebrity auctioneer Darren Julien says Judy Garland's original costume from "The Wizard of Oz" could sell for half a million dollars when it hits the auction block next month.
The white puff-sleeve blouse and blue gingham pinafore has inspired countless Halloween costumes since the film was released in 1939. Although several identical dresses were made for the production, the dress to be sold is the only version seen in the film and the only complete original dress to survive.
The outfit will be on view at London's Stafford Hotel beginning Tuesday, before being exhibited at Julien's Auctions in Beverly Hills, Calif., Nov. 5-9, prior to the auction Nov. 9-10.
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home
- Cigarette blamed for Taco Bell fire in Katy
- Girls' softball league evicted from their field
- Robber dashes out of vision store with pricy shades
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- Residents on edge after Montgomery Co. flu deaths 18 min ago
- Chevron puts downtown Houston building plans on hold
- Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson off the show after gay remark
- East Texas company making healthcare affordable 43 min ago
- Investigators: Driver drank cologne to hide alcohol smell
- Dozens of people injured in London theater collapse 10 min ago
- Jury reaches verdict in disputed Farrah Fawcett portrait
- Houston psychic sued over 'love ritual'
- Houston man charged with murder in wife's shooting death
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos