Judy Garland's `Wizard of Oz' dress up for auction
LOS ANGELES, CA -- The Dorothy dress is going up for auction.
Celebrity auctioneer Darren Julien says Judy Garland's original costume from "The Wizard of Oz" could sell for half a million dollars when it hits the auction block next month.
The white puff-sleeve blouse and blue gingham pinafore has inspired countless Halloween costumes since the film was released in 1939. Although several identical dresses were made for the production, the dress to be sold is the only version seen in the film and the only complete original dress to survive.
The outfit will be on view at London's Stafford Hotel beginning Tuesday, before being exhibited at Julien's Auctions in Beverly Hills, Calif., Nov. 5-9, prior to the auction Nov. 9-10.
- Medical examiner: 24 dead in Oklahoma twister
- Fight at bar ends in fatal shooting in NW Harris Co. 53 min ago
- Ex-teen sex slave devotes new life to helping others
- Minor spill, tar balls cleaned up at Galveston 21 min ago
- Texas search team to help after OK twister
- Two people found on church roof arrested for trespassing
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals 46 min ago
- Photos: LEGO KidsFest in Houston
- otrc: 'Anchorman 2' teaser trailer released
- abcnews: Victoria's Secret rejects 'survivor' bra
- Video: Huge tornado caught on camera in Kansas
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos