One Direction, NFL's Drew Brees join Pepsi for ad
NEW YORK -- One Direction is Pepsi's newest pop star.
The soda company is partnering with the boy band and New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees for an ad that will debut Wednesday. It's part of Pepsi's "Live for Now" campaign, which has also featured Nicki Minaj and Katy Perry.
PepsiCo Inc. increased its U.S. media spending by more than 40 percent during the second quarter compared with a year ago. After losing market share to the Coca-Cola Co. in recent years, the company has been pouring more money into marketing in hopes of bolstering its flagship soda.
Brees broke a NFL record by throwing a touchdown pass in his 48th straight game Sunday, eclipsing the mark of 47 consecutive games with a touchdown pass set by Johnny Unitas from 1956-60.
- Coyote's wild run through Hobby, but no roadrunner in sight
- Video from violent fast food robbery released
- Man collapses in street and dies in SW Houston
- Time Magazine names its Person of the Year
- Suspect to bank teller: 'I'm having a bad day' 6 min ago
- Wreck causes fire in Tomball gas station parking lot 29 min ago
- Alcohol sales rules could change in Houston
- Mom accused of whipping girl with jump rope
- Spring woman accused of injuring elderly man
- Lombardi Award finalists hang with kids from TCH 34 min ago
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Marine's body sent home without heart
- Speed may be to blame for fatal accident
- 5 Things to Know for Today
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos