One Direction, NFL's Drew Brees join Pepsi for ad
NEW YORK -- One Direction is Pepsi's newest pop star.
The soda company is partnering with the boy band and New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees for an ad that will debut Wednesday. It's part of Pepsi's "Live for Now" campaign, which has also featured Nicki Minaj and Katy Perry.
PepsiCo Inc. increased its U.S. media spending by more than 40 percent during the second quarter compared with a year ago. After losing market share to the Coca-Cola Co. in recent years, the company has been pouring more money into marketing in hopes of bolstering its flagship soda.
Brees broke a NFL record by throwing a touchdown pass in his 48th straight game Sunday, eclipsing the mark of 47 consecutive games with a touchdown pass set by Johnny Unitas from 1956-60.
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one 43 min ago
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston 51 min ago
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Amazing images from midair accident in Florida
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident