AP source: Beyonce set for Super Bowl halftime
NEW YORK -- All the single ladies will be watching the upcoming Super Bowl along with football lovers. That's because Beyonce is the halftime show performer.
A source familiar with Super Bowl 47 tells The Associated Press that the Grammy-winning diva will take the stage at the halftime show on Feb. 3, 2013, at the Superdome in New Orleans. The source spoke on condition of anonymity because that person wasn't authorized to publicly reveal the information.
The source said the official announcement is expected Wednesday.
Beyonce sang the national anthem at the 2004 Super Bowl in Houston. Madonna performed at this year's Super Bowl with guests CeeLo Green, Nicki Minaj, LMFAO and M.I.A.
Pepsi is returning as the sponsor for the halftime show since doing so in 2007 when Prince performed.
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash 35 min ago
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster 11 min ago
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou 26 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Students learn science through unique course 18 min ago
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home