Katy Perry, Keys to perform at Newman benefit
NEW YORK -- Katy Perry, Quincy Jones, Alicia Keys and Vince Gill are on the same bill: The singers are performing at an event to benefit the late Paul Newman's The Painted Turtle Camp.
The Dec. 4 gathering at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles is being billed as "You've Got a Friend ... A Celebration of Carole King and Her Music." King will perform alongside John Legend, Amy Grant, Herb Alpert and Lani Hall.
Newman's The Painted Turtle is a camp in Lake Hughes, Calif., in The SeriousFun Children's Network, which the actor founded to assist children with serious illnesses as well as their families.
Tickets for the event go on sale Monday. A VIP party will follow at The Ray Dolby Ballroom.
- HPD: Homeless man kills armed burglar
- Couple accusing neighbor of recording their bedroom
- Bicyclist dies after Montrose-area hit-and-run
- Dr. accused of harassing husband's co-worker
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 Thursday night
- Burning stolen truck missing $180,000 of tools 54 min ago
- Boy accused of setting mall fire, two others 29 min ago
- SWAT standoff in SW Houston ends peacefully
- 'Polar Express' blowing across US
- More than 2 million passwords stolen
- Rare identical triplets born in California 13 min ago
- Your pocket change may be worth hundreds
- Woman falls through ceiling trying to get Christmas decor 32 min ago