Katy Perry, Keys to perform at Newman benefit
NEW YORK -- Katy Perry, Quincy Jones, Alicia Keys and Vince Gill are on the same bill: The singers are performing at an event to benefit the late Paul Newman's The Painted Turtle Camp.
The Dec. 4 gathering at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles is being billed as "You've Got a Friend ... A Celebration of Carole King and Her Music." King will perform alongside John Legend, Amy Grant, Herb Alpert and Lani Hall.
Newman's The Painted Turtle is a camp in Lake Hughes, Calif., in The SeriousFun Children's Network, which the actor founded to assist children with serious illnesses as well as their families.
Tickets for the event go on sale Monday. A VIP party will follow at The Ray Dolby Ballroom.
- Shots fired during armored car robbery 2 min ago
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Sketch released in murder of women found dumped
- Murder suspect vomits during graphic testimony
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant 54 min ago
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder 41 min ago
- Woman accused of preying on elderly man 23 min ago
- Ex-teacher accused of sex with student
- Police: Drunk man demanded bed to sleep
- Woman found living with dead spouse for month
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Two sent to hospital after gas leak at HISD middle school