AP source: Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez break up
NEW YORK -- A source confirms to The Associated Press that Justin Bieber is no longer Selena Gomez's "Boyfriend."
The source is not authorized to discuss the split with the press and spoke on condition of anonymity.
The breakup apparently happened last week. Distance and their busy schedules were cited as factors.
Eighteen-year-old Bieber is touring to promote his latest album, "Believe," which contains the hit "Boyfriend." Twenty-year-old Gomez is filming a "Wizards of Waverly Place" reunion for the Disney Channel.
The pair made their relationship public in February 2011.
E! News was the first to report the split.
Bieber seems to be doing OK, at least publicly. On the red carpet of Wednesday's Victoria's Secret fashion show he said, "I'd rather be here than anywhere in the world."
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side 39 min ago
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- More than two dozen in musical stage collapse 2 min ago
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub 2 min ago
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident
- LA unanimously bans vaping in public places 55 min ago
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers 53 min ago
- Man dancing on power pole in lifted to... 58 min ago
- Boy buried by avalanche tried to bite his way out