Promoter: Chris Brown cancels Guyana show
GEORGETOWN, Guyana -- Organizers say American R&B star Chris Brown has canceled a stadium concert in Guyana after local protests over his 2009 beating of then-girlfriend Rihanna.
Brown was billed to headline a Dec. 26 show. But he drew the ire of women's rights groups and opposition lawmakers who said Brown would not be welcome in Guyana three years after his assault of Barbadian superstar Rihanna.
Concert promoter Hits & Jams Entertainment said Thursday that Brown backed out, citing discomfort with the protests.
In 2009, Brown hit, choked and bit Rihanna during an argument in Los Angeles. He later pleaded guilty to assault.
Since then, Brown has worked to repair his image, undergoing violence counseling and putting out a new album. He has a duet with Rihanna on her recently released record.
- Boy's mouth duct taped for talking in class 12 min ago
- Recognize the guy in this sketch? 8 min ago
- Former Port of Houston IT director accused of theft
- NASA suspects bad valve for space station trouble 40 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Kim Jong Un's uncle executed as traitor
- Bride accused of pushing husband off cliff pleads guilty
- What was interpreter REALLY signing
- Shoppers getting excuses instead of packages
- 'Fake' interpreter: 'I was hallucinating'
- Driver charged after turning to cosmetic for revenge
- California man accused of running 'revenge porn' site
- YouTube Rewind: What does 2013 say?
- Motorcyclist dies after colliding with car