Marc Anthony comes to aid of Dominican orphanage
SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic -- Singer Marc Anthony is coming to the aid of an orphanage in the Dominican Republic.
A foundation run by Anthony with music and sports producer Henry Cardenas plans to build a new residence hall, classrooms and a baseball field for the Children of Christ orphanage in the eastern city of La Romana. Anthony attended the groundbreaking ceremony Friday with his model girlfriend Shannon de Lima.
Children of Christ Foundation Director Sonia Hane said Anthony visited the orphanage previously and decided to help. His Maestro Cares Foundation raised $200,000 for the expansion on land donated by a sugar company. The orphanage was founded in 1996 for children who were abused or abandoned or whose parents were unable to care for them.
- Large funnel cloud touches down near OK City 18 min ago
- Man charged in death of mail carrier 32 min ago
- Suspect in wreck that killed sergeant goes to court
- Dreamliner returns to skies with flight from Houston
- HPD: Suspect arrested, others sought in Alief murders
- Man sought in dollar store robbery
- ATM stolen in smash-and-grab theft
- Jodi Arias' attorneys ask to withdraw from case
- Houston Super Bowl committee makes pitch in Boston
- Grandmother killed, teen injured in head-on accident
- Photos: Billboard Music Awards from Las Vegas
- otrc: 'Anchorman 2' teaser trailer released
- abcnews: Victoria's Secret rejects 'survivor' bra
- Video: Huge tornado caught on camera in Kansas
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos