Adele's '21' sells more than 10 million copies
LOS ANGELES, CA -- Adele is rolling in the records.
The 24-year-old British songstress's album "21" has sold more than 10 million copies, according to Nielsen SoundScan. The album reached the milestone last week, less than two years after its release.
"21" is the 21st album to sell 10 million copies since Nielsen SoundScan began tracking sales in 1991.
Adele's sophomore studio album debuted in 2011 and featured such hits as "Rolling in the Deep," "Someone Like You" and "Set Fire to the Rain."
It's the third album to reach the 10 million mark in 2012. Linkin Park's "Hybrid Theory" and Usher's "Confessions" both crossed the 10 million mark earlier this year.
Adele won in all six categories she was nominated in at the Grammys earlier this year, including album of the year.
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- Students learn science through unique course
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- raw video: Sarah Palin remixes 'Green Eggs and Ham'
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home