Comedian Katt Williams fails to show up for scheduled event at Toyota Center
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The Toyota Center was forced to cancel Katt Williams' event Friday night after the troubled comedian failed to show up at the venue.
Toyota Center officials issued a statement late Friday stating the event was canceled due to circumstances beyond their control.
On Thursday, authorities issued a felony arrest warrant for Williams related to a police chase in California. The Sacramento County Sheriff's Department says the warrant issued Thursday is for reckless driving.
The California Highway Patrol says Williams fled officers on a three-wheeled motorcycle on Nov. 25 after being spotted driving on a sidewalk near a downtown Sacramento hotel.
The CHP said Williams was asked to stop and refused, leading to the pursuit. The CHP says Williams nearly hit five people during the chase.
Williams' representatives did not immediately respond to an email from the Associate Press seeking comment.
Anyone who had bought tickets to the Friday performance at the Toyota Center can get a refund at their original point of purchase, event officials say. Credit card purchases will automatically be refunded.
Any questions about refunds can be directed to Toyota Center Tickets customer service at 1-866-4-HOUTIX.
The Associated Press contributed to this report
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- Student reports near abduction while leaving school
- Motorcyclist killed in NE Harris County wreck
- South Korean ferry boat captain arrested
- Texas officials say gang membership exceeds 100K
- Three accused of stealing items left on airplanes
- Promoters seek to bring back Galveston beach parties
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston