Police arrested in thefts from Jenni Rivera crash site
MONTERREY, Mexico -- Officials say two state police officers have been arrested on suspicion of stealing unspecified items from the scene of the plane crash that killed Mexican-American superstar Jenni Rivera.
The Nuevo Leon state government says authorities found images of the scene on the smartphone of one of the officers, who is 23, while trying to determine now the Mexican media got photographs of the secured site, including images of body parts and personal documents.
Investigators searched the homes of the officers who secured the crash site and found victims' belongings in two. The government said Thursday it then arrested the 23-year-old and another officer who is 24.
The officers belong to a new state police force meant to be more effective and less corrupt than its predecessors.
- HPD: 2 nursing home residents beaten to death 56 min ago
- Three charged over duct-taped kids at Buc-ees
- Jailer accused of sneaking smokes, snacks
- Former Houston cop facing drug charges
- Madison students on alert after reported abduction
- 5 former Buffalo Bills cheerleaders sue over pay 59 min ago
- Liberty Institute: Girl told not to read Bible in class
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- 'Felony Lane Gang' targeting women's purses
- Big reward for sex assault suspect who missed court date
- Man found shot, tied up in SE Houston
- Man shot four times in north Harris County
- Nurse recalls trying to save teen killed in wreck
- YouTube turns 9 today!