Police arrested in thefts from Jenni Rivera crash site
MONTERREY, Mexico -- Officials say two state police officers have been arrested on suspicion of stealing unspecified items from the scene of the plane crash that killed Mexican-American superstar Jenni Rivera.
The Nuevo Leon state government says authorities found images of the scene on the smartphone of one of the officers, who is 23, while trying to determine now the Mexican media got photographs of the secured site, including images of body parts and personal documents.
Investigators searched the homes of the officers who secured the crash site and found victims' belongings in two. The government said Thursday it then arrested the 23-year-old and another officer who is 24.
The officers belong to a new state police force meant to be more effective and less corrupt than its predecessors.
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Suspects posing as officers break into home 6 min ago
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Cop throws K-9 through suspect's window after chase
- UFC heavyweight fighter dies at age 30
- Man accused of pranking notable coaches about jobs arrested
- Great deals on Wednesdays at Thrift Store Outlet 21 min ago
- Would you 'Like' a Facebook 'Sympathize' button?
- Holiday mail: You're running out of time!
- Doctor accused of poisoning fellow physician due in court 7 min ago
- Backyard sinkhole nightmare finally ends
- Man shot while behind the wheel in SE Houston
- Friends prank guy into thinking he's been...
45 min ago