Sonic Youth's Thurston Moore guitar stolen in PA
PHILADELPHIA, PA -- Sonic Youth guitarist and singer Thurston Moore says his iconic guitar was stolen after a show in Philadelphia.
Moore reported on the band's Facebook page Thursday that his circa-1966 Fender Jazzmaster guitar was pilfered late Wednesday night from the Best Western hotel where he was staying.
Philadelphia police spokeswoman Jillian Russell said Moore was in the hotel's bar with his luggage and guitar when he noticed the guitar was missing. She said it's valued at $20,000.
Such appeals to the public have helped the band track down stolen gear before. A rental truck full of their one-of-a-kind guitars, amps and drums was stolen in southern California in 1999.
Moore is a founding member of Sonic Youth, an influential alternative band that formed in 1981 in New York City.
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290 24 min ago
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case 7 min ago
- Student reports near abduction while leaving HISD school 33 min ago
- Motorcyclist killed in NE Harris County wreck
- South Korean ferry boat captain arrested
- Texas officials say gang membership exceeds 100K
- Three accused of stealing items left on airplanes
- Promoters seek to bring back Galveston beach parties
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston