Ben Affleck won't run for US Senate in Mass.
BOSTON, MA -- Ben Affleck is taking his name off the list of possible candidates for U.S. Sen. John Kerry's seat, which would be open if the Democratic senator from Massachusetts is confirmed as secretary of state.
Affleck says in a Monday posting on his Facebook page that while he loves the political process, he will not be running for public office.
Speculation about the Cambridge, Mass., native rose slightly when he did not completely rule out a Senate bid during an appearance on CBS' Face The Nation on Sunday.
In his Facebook posting, Affleck says he would continue working with the Eastern Congo Initiative, a nonprofit organization that helps direct humanitarian aid to the war-torn region, and for other causes.
Affleck says Kerry would make a great secretary of state.
- Parts of Astrodome to be demolished 7 min ago
- Smoke prompts IAH Terminal B evacuations 51 min ago
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband charged
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's powerful uncle
- Wrecker driver shot in NE Houston
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- Salvation Army ringer sets 105-hour record
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- North Texans dealing with ice storm aftermath
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- Officials find 11 dead whales in Florida Keys
- Local post offices open Sundays for holiday rush 5 min ago
- No more ice, but cold weather continues