Oprah to interview Lance Armstrong
LOS ANGELES, CA -- Lance Armstrong has agreed to a rare televised interview with Oprah Winfrey that will air next week.
According to a release posted on Oprah's website on Tuesday, Armstrong will address allegations that he used performance-enhancing drugs during his cycling career.
Armstrong has strongly denied the doping charges that led to him being stripped of his seven Tour de France titles, but The New York Times reported Friday he has told associates he is considering admitting the use of PEDS.
The newspaper report cited anonymous sources, and Armstrong attorney Tim Herman told The Associated Press that night that he had no knowledge of Armstrong considering a confession.
Oprah's interview with Armstrong will air on Jan. 17.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival 32 min ago
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom 51 min ago
- Vigil held for women slain in Galveston County
- Reliant Stadium may be changing names
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Death toll rises to 7 in New York City blast
- Groups protest chemicals used in Apple's iPhone
- Pap smears could be thing of the past
- Malaysia: No debris at spot shown on China images
- Designer Western wear on a budget
- Chrysler recalls 49,000 Chargers to fix headlights
- Target apologizes for girl's bathing suit Photoshop fail
- Amazon accused of cheating customers
- Utah trucker accused of keeping sex slaves