Oprah to interview Lance Armstrong
LOS ANGELES, CA -- Lance Armstrong has agreed to a rare televised interview with Oprah Winfrey that will air next week.
According to a release posted on Oprah's website on Tuesday, Armstrong will address allegations that he used performance-enhancing drugs during his cycling career.
Armstrong has strongly denied the doping charges that led to him being stripped of his seven Tour de France titles, but The New York Times reported Friday he has told associates he is considering admitting the use of PEDS.
The newspaper report cited anonymous sources, and Armstrong attorney Tim Herman told The Associated Press that night that he had no knowledge of Armstrong considering a confession.
Oprah's interview with Armstrong will air on Jan. 17.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Man shot outside restaurant drives family to safety 58 min ago
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud
- Houston couple dead in apparent murder-suicide 58 min ago
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Constable: Teen admits shooting out car windows 56 min ago
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado school dies
- Chase restricts cards affected by Target breach
- New Houston light rail line opens for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Katy blows late lead, falls to Cedar Hill in title game 3 min ago
- Allen tops Pearland 63-28, defends 5A D-I title 3 min ago
- Aledo beats Brenham 38-10 for 4th title in 5 years 2 min ago
- Things you didn't know about reindeer