Winfrey, Frank Ocean among GLAAD award nominees
NEW YORK -- GLAAD has named the film "Cloud Atlas," AMC's reality show "Small Town Security," and the New Yorker magazine among its nominees for the 24th Annual GLAAD Media Awards.
The Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation announced on Wednesday 120 nominees in English-language categories and 33 nominees in Spanish-language categories.
Other nominees include the NBC shows "Smash" and "The New Normal," Frank Ocean for his "Channel Orange" album, the magazine People en Espanol, and Oprah Winfrey's interview with Neil Patrick Harris and partner David Burtka.
The awards are meant to recognize and honor media for outstanding images of the gay and lesbian community. The winners will be announced March 16 in New York and at ceremonies in April and May in Los Angeles and San Francisco.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- HPD officer responding to call involved in wreck
- Search for missing Malaysian jet expands 38 min ago
- HISD decides fate of two schools at risk of closure
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- College students paid to take a year off?
- HoustonRodeo 'Moves like Jagger'
- Lights go out at Jones Hall, but concert-goers have a blast
- Tooth Fairy 45% more generous in 2013
- Man hit, killed while trying to cross East Freeway
- Free Stuff Friday!
- Will Pearland mom be named most 'unstoppable' today?
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Photos: Jet's landing gear collapses in Philadelphia
- Photos: $2.35 million Modern Family home for sale