'Gomer Pyle' actor Jim Nabors marries male partner in Seattle
HONOLULU, HI -- The actor best known for playing the TV character Gomer Pyle in the 1960s has married his male partner of 38 years.
Hawaii News Now reports Jim Nabors and his partner, Stan Cadwallader, traveled from their Honolulu home to Seattle to be married Jan. 15.
Gay marriage became legal in Washington state last month.
The 82-year-old Nabors says you've got to solidify something when you've been together as long as they have.
They couple met in 1975 when Cadwallader was a Honolulu firefighter. Cadwallader is 64.
Nabors says he's been open about his homosexuality to co-workers and friends but never acknowledged it to the media before.
Nabors played Gomer Pyle in "The Andy Griffith Show" and "Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C." television shows.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- 51 killed after tornadoes rip through Oklahoma
- Ex-teen sex slave devotes new life to helping others
- Houston Super Bowl committee making its pitch in Boston
- Detectives investigating drowning of 3-year-old boy
- Suspected chop shop raided in NW Harris County
- Court appearance for man accused in attack at nail salon
- 1 arrested, 3 others sought in Alief murders
- Photos: LEGO KidsFest in Houston
- otrc: 'Anchorman 2' teaser trailer released
- abcnews: Victoria's Secret rejects 'survivor' bra
- Video: Huge tornado caught on camera in Kansas
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos