'Gomer Pyle' actor Jim Nabors marries male partner in Seattle
HONOLULU, HI -- The actor best known for playing the TV character Gomer Pyle in the 1960s has married his male partner of 38 years.
Hawaii News Now reports Jim Nabors and his partner, Stan Cadwallader, traveled from their Honolulu home to Seattle to be married Jan. 15.
Gay marriage became legal in Washington state last month.
The 82-year-old Nabors says you've got to solidify something when you've been together as long as they have.
They couple met in 1975 when Cadwallader was a Honolulu firefighter. Cadwallader is 64.
Nabors says he's been open about his homosexuality to co-workers and friends but never acknowledged it to the media before.
Nabors played Gomer Pyle in "The Andy Griffith Show" and "Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C." television shows.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival 7 min ago
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom
- Vigil held for women slain in Galveston County
- Reliant Stadium may be changing names
- Death toll rises to 7 in New York City blast 41 min ago
- Groups protest chemicals used in Apple's iPhone
- Pap smears could be thing of the past
- Designer Western wear on a budget
- Target apologizes for girl's bathing suit Photoshop fail
- Pharmacists prescribe 'Monster Spray' for kids 47 min ago
- Utah trucker accused of keeping sex slaves
- Police: Red light runner caused wreck in downtown Houston 17 min ago
- Woman delivers her own baby on drive to hospital
- GM excluded crash deaths from ignition inquiry