'Gomer Pyle' actor Jim Nabors marries male partner in Seattle
HONOLULU, HI -- The actor best known for playing the TV character Gomer Pyle in the 1960s has married his male partner of 38 years.
Hawaii News Now reports Jim Nabors and his partner, Stan Cadwallader, traveled from their Honolulu home to Seattle to be married Jan. 15.
Gay marriage became legal in Washington state last month.
The 82-year-old Nabors says you've got to solidify something when you've been together as long as they have.
They couple met in 1975 when Cadwallader was a Honolulu firefighter. Cadwallader is 64.
Nabors says he's been open about his homosexuality to co-workers and friends but never acknowledged it to the media before.
Nabors played Gomer Pyle in "The Andy Griffith Show" and "Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C." television shows.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Burglary suspect watches sleeping toddler
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church 16 min ago
- Reward to nab Most Wanted sex offender climbs to $13K 59 min ago
- 5 plead guilty after immigrant stash house discovery
- Fire in wood shop fills middle school with smoke
- Case of missing teens solved after 43 years
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Fashion trucks take over downtown Houston
- Missing kid found stuck in coin-operated game
- Over the top promposal had cops in on the secret
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos