Porn star Ron Jeremy in LA hospital after aneurysm
LOS ANGELES, CA -- A spokesman says porn star Ron Jeremy is recovering from surgery at a Los Angeles hospital after an aneurysm near his heart sent him to intensive care.
Agent Mike Esterman says in an email to The Associated Press that he and others were waiting for Jeremy to awake Wednesday night after a smooth procedure at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.
Esterman says the 59-year-old Jeremy had a heavy feeling in his chest and drove himself to the hospital, where diagnosed the aneurysm and put him in the intensive care unit.
One of the best-known names in the porn industry, Jeremy has said he's appeared in more than 2,000 adult films.
While officially retired he still shows up in films and public events, and appeared in the reality TV series "The Surreal Life."
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
los angeles, entertainment
- Bodies of two women found in Galveston County
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged 7 min ago
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe? 19 min ago
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home 8 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy
- Video: Generous students get visit from big Texan
- Save during spring break with freebies 43 min ago
- Comic book banned because it mentions Allah