Porn star Ron Jeremy in LA hospital after aneurysm
LOS ANGELES, CA -- A spokesman says porn star Ron Jeremy is recovering from surgery at a Los Angeles hospital after an aneurysm near his heart sent him to intensive care.
Agent Mike Esterman says in an email to The Associated Press that he and others were waiting for Jeremy to awake Wednesday night after a smooth procedure at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.
Esterman says the 59-year-old Jeremy had a heavy feeling in his chest and drove himself to the hospital, where diagnosed the aneurysm and put him in the intensive care unit.
One of the best-known names in the porn industry, Jeremy has said he's appeared in more than 2,000 adult films.
While officially retired he still shows up in films and public events, and appeared in the reality TV series "The Surreal Life."
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
los angeles, entertainment
- Homeowner shoots intruder in NW Harris County 47 min ago
- HISD meet to discuss new budget proposal 6 min ago
- Committee: 'Don't tear down the Astrodome'
- Woman at odds with auto shop after car gets stolen
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Bicyclist hit by SUV in Walmart parking lot in NW Harris Co. 50 min ago
- Uncle: Aaron Hernandez had connection to murder victim 17 min ago
- Houston bus company owner faces charges from 2008 crash
- 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini dies in Italy 43 min ago
- Men's restroom visitors find themselves on camera
- Stampede over Beckham injures 5 in Shanghai 16 min ago
- otrc: John Mayer debuts new song
- abcnews: 6 ways to save money this month
- Video: Two teens saved in dramatic cliff rescue
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos