Sheriff's Dept: Brown-Ocean inquiry will be closed
LOS ANGELES, CA -- A sheriff's spokesman says an investigation into a fight between Chris Brown and Frank Ocean will soon be closed without any charges being sought.
Los Angeles sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore says investigators will speak with Ocean before closing the case, but the agency is unlikely to pursue a misdemeanor battery charge against Brown.
Ocean has accused Brown of hitting him during an argument outside a West Hollywood recording studio last month, but wrote on the social media site Tumblr on Saturday that he wanted the matter closed. Ocean's post stated he did not want Brown prosecuted and he had no intentions of filing a civil lawsuit.
Brown remains on probation for the 2009 beating of Rihanna and is scheduled to appear in court for a progress hearing on Wednesday.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Boy's mouth duct taped for talking in class
- HISD takes steps to replace school mascots 52 min ago
- Recognize the guy in this sketch?
- Former Port of Houston IT director accused of theft
- Kim Jong Un's uncle executed as traitor
- Local missionaries hurt in rollover wreck in Africa 1 min ago
- How using free Wi-Fi can really cost you 37 min ago
- Parents want justice for son's shooting death
- Accused stiletto heel killer out on bond
- What was interpreter REALLY signing
- Video: Treating asthma by burning the lungs
- Do you know this week's StopHoustonGangs.org fugitive?
- Bride accused of pushing husband off cliff pleads guilty
- NASA suspects bad valve for space station trouble 36 min ago