Breasts, buttocks banned by CBS from Grammys
NEW YORK -- CBS is asking stars not to bare too much skin at the Grammy Awards on Sunday.
The network requests that "buttocks and female breasts are adequately covered" for the televised award show. The memo sent out Wednesday also warned against "see-through clothing," exposure of "the genital region" and said that "thong type costumes are problematic."
Representatives for CBS and the Recording Academy declined to comment on Thursday. Deadline Hollywood first reported the memo.
CBS broadcast the infamous 2004 Super Bowl halftime show that included Janet Jackson's "wardrobe malfunction." The network was initially fined by the Federal Communications Commission, though the fine was later overturned.
The 55th annual Grammy Awards will be held Sunday 8 p.m. EST at Los Angeles' Staples Center.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- 4 killed, 3 injured in wreck involving taxi in Pasadena 24 min ago
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- More bodies recovered from sunken ferry
- Looks like perfect Easter Egg hunting weather 26 min ago
- Special Olympian gets assist from Rice students
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Authorities searching for sex assault fugitive
- Student pays off $25,000 college tuition with pennies
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- METRO temporarily suspending part of Red Line
- Behold, the pizza cake
- David Tillman's Easter forecast
39 min ago