Giffords, Kelly featured in March issue of Vogue
TUCSON, AZ -- Former U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and husband Mark Kelly talk about their push for gun regulation in the upcoming issue of Vogue magazine.
The couple has formed a political action committee in hopes of changing laws to require background checks for gun buyers, limit the size of ammunition magazines and ban the sale of assault weapons to civilians.
Giffords and Kelly were interviewed at their Tucson home for the article, which appears in the March issue of Vogue that will be available on newsstands Tuesday.
Giffords was among 13 people wounded in a January 2011 shooting as she met with constituents outside a Tucson supermarket. Six were killed.
She resigned from Congress last year. Kelly is a former astronaut who's been by her side during her recovery.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash 43 min ago
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home
- Cigarette blamed for Taco Bell fire in Katy
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport 6 min ago
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- Three Webster officers go before judge today 13 min ago
- SW Houston family loses puppy in overnight fire 11 min ago
- Three local teams hope to bring home state football titles 12 min ago
- Repeat winner for most annoying word of 2013 19 min ago
- Residents on edge after Montgomery Co. flu deaths
- Girls' softball league evicted from their field
- Casey Curry's Friday forecast
48 min ago