Former Texan Jacoby Jones to compete on Dancing with the Stars
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- He got to dance in the end zone twice after touchdowns in the Super Bowl, and now former Houston Texan and current Baltimore Raven Jacoby Jones will be dancing again...this time, with his eye on a Mirror Ball trophy.
It was announced during a commercial break on the Oscars that Jones would compete in season 16 of the hit ABC show.
About the same time the commercial ran, show host Tom Bergeron tweeted, "Jacoby Jones will dance this season. But if he pulls too far ahead, the 9ers will cut power to the ballroom. #dwtsseason16."
Jones played five seasons with the Texans. He was released in the offseason following Houston's first ever playoff appearance. Many fans will remember Jones muffing a punt against the Ravens that may have cost Houston a chance to advance to the AFC title game that year.
Once Jones was released, he was picked up by Baltimore, and went on to win a Super Bowl ring his first season there. Many thought he also deserved MVP honors after hauling in a TD pass and returning a kickoff 108 yards for a score.
Jones made no secret that he wanted to be on the show during a recent appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live. The 16th season of Dancing with the Stars begins March 18 on ABC13.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one 43 min ago
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston 51 min ago
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Amazing images from midair accident in Florida
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident