Bobby Brown sentenced to 55 days in jail for DUI
LOS ANGELES, CA -- Bobby Brown has been sentenced to 55 days in a Los Angeles jail and four years of probation for a drunken driving case.
City attorney's spokesman Frank Mateljan says Brown was sentenced Tuesday after pleading no contest to charges he was under the influence and driving on a suspended license when he was arrested in October.
Brown was on probation for another DUI case at the time.
The 44-year-old "New Edition" singer was ordered to report to jail March 20. He also was placed on four years of informal probation and will be required to complete an 18-month alcohol treatment program.
Brown's attorney Tiffany Feder had no immediate comment on the sentence.
The sentence was first reported by celebrity website TMZ.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Road rage incident ends with shooting of girl
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Good Samaritans run over in SW Houston carjacking
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians
- Officials bust meth lab inside million-dollar home
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- Help the TSU band get to Canton with Michael Strahan