Bobby Brown sentenced to 55 days in jail for DUI
LOS ANGELES, CA -- Bobby Brown has been sentenced to 55 days in a Los Angeles jail and four years of probation for a drunken driving case.
City attorney's spokesman Frank Mateljan says Brown was sentenced Tuesday after pleading no contest to charges he was under the influence and driving on a suspended license when he was arrested in October.
Brown was on probation for another DUI case at the time.
The 44-year-old "New Edition" singer was ordered to report to jail March 20. He also was placed on four years of informal probation and will be required to complete an 18-month alcohol treatment program.
Brown's attorney Tiffany Feder had no immediate comment on the sentence.
The sentence was first reported by celebrity website TMZ.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk 39 min ago
- Severe weather clears Houston 56 min ago
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud 3 min ago
- New Houston light rail line to open for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting 23 min ago
- Deputies shut down game room in NE Houston
- Man barricades himself in house after allegedly killing wife 32 min ago
- 4 arrested on murder charges in NJ mall carjacking 1 min ago
- Ice pellets and snow frustrate holiday travel rush
- 'Topless' protest falls flat on Brazil beach
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?