Taylor Swift visits young cancer patient in Omaha
OMAHA, NE -- Taylor Swift has visited a young cancer patient in Nebraska.
The singer was at Children's Hospital & Medical Center in Omaha on Saturday to see 10-year-old Lauren Hacker. The fifth-grader at St. Margaret Mary School has cancer.
The Omaha World-Herald reports the meeting was lobbied for on social media. It was later arranged by Lauren's family and the singer's representatives.
Swift kicks off her worldwide tour Wednesday in Omaha for her latest album, "Red."
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- 2 winning Mega Millions tickets sold
- Chase suspect crashes into tree in NW Houston
- Good Samaritan saves Christmas for foster child
- Mystery illness kills 4 in Montgomery County
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Suit: Risk of fire aboard Carnival's 'Triumph' known 7 min ago
- Delivery man hides present in trash...on trash day
- Man victimized in 'knockout game' style attack
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Ashby High Rise opponents dealt winning hand
- Man tries to trade gator for beer
- Half-ton chocolate Santa on display at Hilton Americas
- Guide dog saves blind man who fell on subway tracks 49 min ago
- Feds: Harvard bomb threat was hoax to avoid final