Valerie Harper to discuss cancer on 'The Doctors'
NEW YORK -- Valerie Harper, who played Rhoda Morgenstern on television's "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" and its spinoff, "Rhoda," has been diagnosed with terminal brain cancer
The daytime talk show "The Doctors" said Harper will appear Monday to talk with Travis Stork, Lisa Masterson, Andrew Ordon and her team of doctors.
The 1970s sitcom star has been diagnosed with a rare brain cancer and told she has as little as three months to live. She says her husband briefly withheld the diagnosis from her because it was so dire.
The now-73-year-old Harper played Rhoda Morgenstern on "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" and its spinoff, "Rhoda."
She's given the full hour of Monday's talk show and is surprised by former co-stars Ed Asner and Cloris Leachman.
NBC says Harper will also be interviewed by Savannah Guthrie on the "Today" show Monday.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Walmart in Kemah on lockdown 21 min ago
- 4 killed, 3 injured in Pasadena taxi cab wreck 35 min ago
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- Captain of sunken SKorean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Galveston hosting annual Chicken Shack Strut today
- Student pays off $25,000 college tuition with pennies
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- METRO temporarily suspending part of Red Line
- Behold, the pizza cake
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290
- Teacher denies sex crimes in YouTube case