Pink Floyd album celebrates 40 years
LOS ANGELES, CA -- One of the best-selling and most critically acclaimed rock music albums of all time is marking its 40th anniversary.
"The Dark Side of the Moon" was released in Britain on this day back in 1973.
Pink Floyd's eighth studio album became its first to top the Billboard album chart in the U.S., where it remained until 1988.
Last week, the Library of Congress selected it, along with 24 other recordings, for preservation.
The library said it was notable as an example of "brilliant, innovative production in service of the music."
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Sketch released in murder of two Houston women
- Murder suspect vomits during graphic testimony 3 min ago
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Information on price tags decoded
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer
- Sandy Hook shooter's dad wishes son was never born
- Stacy Keibler marries boyfriend in Mexico 45 min ago
- Shopping for a wireless plan? Check here first
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- Battery dead? Use the virtual smartphone
- Counterfeit health and beauty products arrests in NY
- Peru: Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038