Pink Floyd album celebrates 40 years
LOS ANGELES, CA -- One of the best-selling and most critically acclaimed rock music albums of all time is marking its 40th anniversary.
"The Dark Side of the Moon" was released in Britain on this day back in 1973.
Pink Floyd's eighth studio album became its first to top the Billboard album chart in the U.S., where it remained until 1988.
Last week, the Library of Congress selected it, along with 24 other recordings, for preservation.
The library said it was notable as an example of "brilliant, innovative production in service of the music."
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Severe weather possible Saturday morning
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change 39 min ago
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Turning those holiday gift cards into cash 43 min ago
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Video: Harris County inmates get early Christmas
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses
- Man tries to grab woman jogging on trail
- No charges for Harris Co. judge accused of falsifying records