Country music star Mickey Gilley honored at 11th annual Texas Legends Gala in Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The man who made Gilley's Club famous is now considered a Texas legend.
Country music singer Mickey Gilley was honored Monday night at the Galleria Chamber of Commerce 11th annual Texas Legends Gala.
Our own Dave Ward emceed the event at the Houston Omni Hotel.
Gilley was a popular Houston singer when he opened Gilleys in Pasadena in 1971. The movie "Urban Cowboy" made the place world famous.
Gilley ranks among the top 50 all-time country stars.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- 4 killed, 3 injured in Pasadena taxi cab wreck 23 min ago
- Arrest made in fatal shooting of security guard
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir 39 min ago
- Captain of sunken SKorean ferry, 2 crew arrested 47 min ago
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip club 50 min ago
- Galveston hosting annual Chicken Shack Strut today 25 min ago
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- Student reports near abduction while leaving school
- Motorcyclist killed in NE Harris County wreck
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290 13 min ago
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Texas officials say gang membership exceeds 100K