Country music star Mickey Gilley honored at 11th annual Texas Legends Gala in Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The man who made Gilley's Club famous is now considered a Texas legend.
Country music singer Mickey Gilley was honored Monday night at the Galleria Chamber of Commerce 11th annual Texas Legends Gala.
Our own Dave Ward emceed the event at the Houston Omni Hotel.
Gilley was a popular Houston singer when he opened Gilleys in Pasadena in 1971. The movie "Urban Cowboy" made the place world famous.
Gilley ranks among the top 50 all-time country stars.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Sheriff: Colorado school shooter dead 26 min ago
- Woman found dead inside burned out home
- Six UH students reportedly robbed on campus
- Three Webster officers accused of using excessive force
- HPD: Husband dies in attempted murder-suicide
- Volunteers with local relief agency return from Philippines 16 min ago
- Man accused of plotting to detonate bomb at Wichita airport
- Woman who went for smoke outside found dead on porch
- Fugitive Friday: Help find suspect in sexual assault of child
- Swimmer nabs monster lobster with bare hands
- Astronaut may get Christmas wish for spacewalk
- Law enforcement training program suspended
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Sales brisk for tonight's $425M Mega Millions game
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos