Dorothy Hamill drops out of 'Dancing' due to injuries
LOS ANGELES, CA -- Dorothy Hamill is out on "Dancing With the Stars." But she wasn't voted off.
The Olympic Gold Medalist is withdrawing for medical reasons. At the end of last night's show, Hamill said her spine surgeon warned should could suffer irreparable nerve damage.
Hamill said it wouldn't be fair for her to stay in the competition if she couldn't give it her all. Hamill was in tears and said it's been a wonderful ride.
Because of Hamill's withdrawal, no one was voted off last night. The lowest vote-getter wasn't revealed. But only Lisa Vanderpump and Victor Ortiz hadn't learned their fate when Hamill made her announcement.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
dancing with the stars, los angeles, entertainment
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Amazing images from midair accident in Florida
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident