Dorothy Hamill drops out of 'Dancing' due to injuries
LOS ANGELES, CA -- Dorothy Hamill is out on "Dancing With the Stars." But she wasn't voted off.
The Olympic Gold Medalist is withdrawing for medical reasons. At the end of last night's show, Hamill said her spine surgeon warned should could suffer irreparable nerve damage.
Hamill said it wouldn't be fair for her to stay in the competition if she couldn't give it her all. Hamill was in tears and said it's been a wonderful ride.
Because of Hamill's withdrawal, no one was voted off last night. The lowest vote-getter wasn't revealed. But only Lisa Vanderpump and Victor Ortiz hadn't learned their fate when Hamill made her announcement.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
dancing with the stars, los angeles, entertainment
- Vandals strike vehicles in Heights neighborhood 8 min ago
- Parts of Astrodome demolished
- Smoke prompts IAH Terminal B evacuations
- Police say girl finds her murdered mother
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Big rig driver involved in deadly wreck due in court today
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- More cold air moves in; sunshine returns tomorrow
- Video: Amazing video from N. Texas after winter...
- Just what we needed - a tougher cockroach
- Texas touts law protecting Christmas in schools
- Gary Kubiak thanks team, fans in full page ad
- Good idea or bad? Baby bouncy chair with attached iPad
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's powerful uncle