Dorothy Hamill drops out of 'Dancing' due to injuries
LOS ANGELES, CA -- Dorothy Hamill is out on "Dancing With the Stars." But she wasn't voted off.
The Olympic Gold Medalist is withdrawing for medical reasons. At the end of last night's show, Hamill said her spine surgeon warned should could suffer irreparable nerve damage.
Hamill said it wouldn't be fair for her to stay in the competition if she couldn't give it her all. Hamill was in tears and said it's been a wonderful ride.
Because of Hamill's withdrawal, no one was voted off last night. The lowest vote-getter wasn't revealed. But only Lisa Vanderpump and Victor Ortiz hadn't learned their fate when Hamill made her announcement.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
dancing with the stars, los angeles, entertainment
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown 22 min ago
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck 32 min ago
- 4 killed, 3 injured in wreck involving taxi in Pasadena
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Galveston hosting annual Chicken Shack Strut today
- Authorities searching for sex assault fugitive
- Student pays off $25,000 college tuition with pennies
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- METRO temporarily suspending part of Red Line
- Behold, the pizza cake
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290