Nick Carter says his wedding may be a TV special
NEW YORK -- Nick Carter could bring his wedding to the small screen.
The Backstreet Boys singer proposed to fitness trainer Lauren Kitt in February, and he says their marriage could be filmed for a TV special.
"There have been offers and opportunities to film the actually wedding, like a TV show," the 33-year-old said in a recent interview.
"I was up for it to a certain degree, but then at the same time, I might not even do that. We might just keep it private. We'll see what's up."
Carter and Kitt haven't set a wedding date, but he says they're thinking about "early next year."
The couple co-star in a series of fitness webisodes called "Kit Fitt." Carter is also busy recording a new album with the Backstreet Boys, due out later this year. He says the band is "90 percent done" with the album.
Carter says the Backstreet Boys have recorded a song with longtime collaborator and mega-hit maker Max Martin, who produced the boy band's hits including "I Want It That Way," "Quit Playing Games (With My Heart)" and "Everybody (Backstreet's Back)."
"It's a smash," he says of the new track. "A beautiful song."
Carter says he's also written three screenplays, including a horror film in which he'd play a villain.
"We're shopping them now to big studios in Hollywood," he says.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Shots fired during armored car robbery 9 min ago
- Sketch released in murder of two Houston women
- Murder suspect vomits during graphic testimony
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase
- No outings for Clear Lake drowning mom
- Suspect in violent House of Pies robbery charged 14 min ago
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Information on price tags decoded
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer
- McDonald's game plan to win back customers
- Sandy Hook shooter's dad wishes son was never born
- Stacy Keibler marries boyfriend in Mexico
- Shopping for a wireless plan? Check here first