Actor Stephen Baldwin in Sugar Land to shoot new movie
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Houston is getting a taste of Hollywood. Actor Stephen Baldwin is in town to shoot a movie.
With cameras and film crews all around him, the actor is doing what he does best.
But Stephen Baldwin, one of the famous Baldwin brothers, isn't reciting lines on a Hollywood set. He's rehearsing his role right here in Houston.
"It's great to be here working on a local project, doing something on a grassroots level," Baldwin said.
The Sugar Land home-turned movie set is where Baldwin, along with several other cast members, are filming the movie "The Costume Shop" -- the story of a father, played by Baldwin, who guides his daughter through life lessons with the help of the family's magical costume store.
"It's really a family adventure film set here in the Houston area," director Wayne Slenten said.
"I've been there and I've done that with playing the bad boy and the bad language," Baldwin said. "So 'The Costume Shop' is a far more fun, family-friendly movie."
The big screen actor says this independent film is right up his alley.
"Since becoming as outspoken of a Christian as I have, I've calmed down a bunch," he said.
Now that he's wrapping up this film, Baldwin says he's now considering other projects in Houston.
"We've been thinking about moving out of New York. See, I shouldn't have said that," he said, laughing.
"The Costume Shop" also stars Shelley Duvall and Haylie Duff, both Houston natives.
The film is expected to be released later this year.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
entertainment, samica knight
- Couple accusing neighbor of recording their bedroom
- Bicyclist dies after Montrose-area hit-and-run
- Dr. accused of harassing woman she calls 'whore'
- Your pocket change may be worth hundreds
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 Thursday night
- Man, woman found shot at Pearland-area home
- Company offering big reward for return of stolen truck
- Police searching for armed robbery suspect
- Bledsoe leads Suns to 97-88 win over Rockets
- Dad on trial for infant's beating death
- Woman falls through roof, rescued by firefighters
- Man finds his brother murdered in home
- Child killed by falling tree branch
- HPD: Cop impersonator shot man during struggle