McIntyre tweets he's OK after Boston marathon run
NEW YORK -- New Kids on the Block singer Joey McIntyre tweets that he's OK after two bombs exploded near the finish line of the Boston Marathon minutes after he completed the 26.2-mile run.
The 40-year-old tweets Monday that "there was an explosion by the finish line about 5 minutes after I finished."
He adds: "I'm ok but I'm sure there are many hurt."
Two bombs exploded near the finish line of the Boston Marathon, killing two people and injuring at least 102 others. A senior U.S. intelligence official said two other explosive devices were found near the finish line.
New Kids on the Block is based out of Boston. McIntyre's bandmate Donnie Wahlberg tweeted "please reach out if you hear that (McIntyre) is ok!!!!!" before he heard that his friend was safe.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Man shot outside restaurant drives family to safety
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud
- Houston couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Constable: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado school dies
- Chase restricts cards affected by Target breach
- New Houston light rail line opens for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Katy blows late lead, falls to Cedar Hill in title game
- Allen tops Pearland 63-28, defends 5A D-I title
- Aledo beats Brenham 38-10 for 4th title in 5 years
- Things you didn't know about reindeer