McIntyre tweets he's OK after Boston marathon run
NEW YORK -- New Kids on the Block singer Joey McIntyre tweets that he's OK after two bombs exploded near the finish line of the Boston Marathon minutes after he completed the 26.2-mile run.
The 40-year-old tweets Monday that "there was an explosion by the finish line about 5 minutes after I finished."
He adds: "I'm ok but I'm sure there are many hurt."
Two bombs exploded near the finish line of the Boston Marathon, killing two people and injuring at least 102 others. A senior U.S. intelligence official said two other explosive devices were found near the finish line.
New Kids on the Block is based out of Boston. McIntyre's bandmate Donnie Wahlberg tweeted "please reach out if you hear that (McIntyre) is ok!!!!!" before he heard that his friend was safe.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Shots fired during armored car robbery 37 min ago
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Sketch released in murder of women found dumped
- Murder suspect vomits during graphic testimony
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Woman accused of preying on elderly man 58 min ago
- Ex-teacher accused of sex with student
- Police: Drunk man demanded bed to sleep
- Woman found living with dead spouse for month
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school 28 min ago
- 'We are burying a body,' suspects tell police