Aerosmith drops Indonesia show over security fears
JAKARTA, Indonesia -- Aerosmith canceled a show in Indonesia after authorities there said they had foiled a bomb plot targeting the Myanmar Embassy.
Concert promoter Ismaya Live cited safety concerns as the reason for the cancellation, but it wasn't clear if there was a direct connection to the alleged embassy plot.
The American rockers were scheduled to perform this coming Saturday for a nearly sold-out crowd of 15,000 in the capital, Jakarta, said Helmi Sugara, event organizer spokesman.
The statement about the cancellation carried an apology from Aerosmith also saying they hoped to make it up to the fans one day. There was no immediate indication they would reschedule.
Indonesian police said Friday they had arrested two suspected militants and seized bombs the suspects were plotting to use against the Myanmar Embassy in Jakarta to protest Myanmar's treatment of Muslims.
Aerosmith started an Asia-Pacific tour in April with their first-ever concert in New Zealand and several shows in Australia. They're scheduled to play Wednesday in the Philippines.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash 56 min ago
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home
- Cigarette blamed for Taco Bell fire in Katy
- Girls' softball league evicted from their field
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus 48 min ago
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- Residents on edge after Montgomery Co. flu deaths
- Chevron puts downtown Houston building plans on hold
- Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson off the show after gay remark
- East Texas company making healthcare affordable
- Video: Lovie Smith interviews with Texans
- Video: JJ Watt now a superhero
- Investigators: Driver drank cologne to hide alcohol smell
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos