Atlanta funeral scheduled for Kris Kross rapper
ATLANTA, GA -- Funeral services are planned next week in Atlanta for former Kris Kross rapper Chris Kelly, who was found dead in his home from a possible drug overdose.
Murray Brothers Funeral Home in Atlanta confirmed Saturday that it will hold a public viewing for Kelly throughout the afternoon and evening Wednesday. A funeral service has been scheduled for Thursday at Jackson Memorial Baptist Church.
Kelly, known as "Mac Daddy," and Chris Smith, known as "Daddy Mac," made up the 1990s child rap duo Kris Kross known for wearing their clothes backward as they rhymed. Their song "Jump" became one of the decade's most memorable songs.
The 34-year-old Kelly died Wednesday. His mother told Fulton County police her son had become sick after using cocaine and heroin the night before he died.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Outlet mall shoppers get Sunday scare
- Teen fatally shot remembered in service in Spring
- Car leaves gaping hole in apartment complex
- Record tied at RodeoHouston school art auction
- Crimea votes to secede from Ukraine
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- St. Patrick's Day traditions decoded 8 min ago
- Canada-Mexico flight makes emergency Montana stop 15 min ago
- Facebook campaign aims to save dog that mauled 4-year-old
- Magnitude-6.2 quake hits Chile's northern coast 13 min ago
- Last words from missing jet came after shutdown
- 3 pieces of evidence point to jet's takeover
- Foster tweets he's been medically cleared to play
- Wrong way driver dies after slamming into students' SUV