Michael Strahan receives honorary doctorate from alma mater Texas Southern University
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Michael Strahan, co-host of "Live! With Kelly and Michael" and former football star, was back home in Houston on Saturday to receive an honorary doctorate from his alma mater.
Texas Southern University awarded him the honorary degree.
The board of regents voted unanimously to award the honor to Strahan.
He was honored during commencement exercises Saturday morning. School officials said 800 students graduated.
See more photos on the ABC13 Facebook page.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Smoke prompts IAH Terminal B evacuations
- Local post offices open Sundays for holiday rush 35 min ago
- Parts of Astrodome to be demolished
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- North Korea says Kim's uncle removed from power 17 min ago
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband charged
- Wrecker driver shot in NE Houston
- 'Tips for Jesus' man leaves tips worth thousands
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004 50 min ago
- Paul Walker memorial expected to draw thousands 52 min ago
- NJ restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- North Texans dealing with ice storm aftermath
- Teacher says he was fired because he's gay
- Ukraine protesters topple Lenin statue
58 min ago