Michael Strahan receives honorary doctorate from alma mater Texas Southern University
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Michael Strahan, co-host of "Live! With Kelly and Michael" and former football star, was back home in Houston on Saturday to receive an honorary doctorate from his alma mater.
Texas Southern University awarded him the honorary degree.
The board of regents voted unanimously to award the honor to Strahan.
He was honored during commencement exercises Saturday morning. School officials said 800 students graduated.
See more photos on the ABC13 Facebook page.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Information on price tags decoded 16 min ago
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase in north Houston
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer 26 min ago
- Peru: Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse