ABC's TV show 'Nashville' show putting spotlight on the real Music City
NASHVILLE, TN (KTRK) -- With the spotlight from ABC's hit show "Nashville," and an influx of A-list celebrities, Music City has turned into a real boomtown.
Music, fashion, celebrities -- and now with it's own hit show, the biggest star in Nashville may be the city itself.
A quick visit makes it clear. The city has left its country twang in the dust. Dubbed "nowville" by GQ Magazine, Nashville has become a Mecca for edgy fashion and trendy restaurants. And more and more stars are calling Nashville home.
"That negative stereotype I think is definitely gone away and now it's a cool, hip place to be," talent agent Lance Alleman said.
That's why Alleman, a Houston native, made the move.
"It's unbelievable how much it's grown even in the past five, six years that I've been here," he said.
Aspiring musicians and music royalty alike frequent the hot eateries and chic boutiques.
Grammy-winning musician and single mother Sheryl Crow moved to the area seven years ago.
"It's normal, you know. There's no paparazzi, I get off the airplane with my kids and nobody cares. And it's a great, it's just a great way to live," Crow said.
Major building and development projects are spurring the growth. The 19-acre Music City convention center opens this month.
"I think definitely the show 'Nashville' should be credited with kind of putting us out there and shining the spotlight a little bit more on the city of Nashville and bringing more people here and creating tourism," Allman said.
"I don't know how long the anonymity will maintain here because the outside world is getting hip to it and now it's becoming a very desirable place to live. And 'Nashville,' the TV show, is being shot here and there are probably enough celebrities now that it won't be long. But right now, it's idyllic," Crow said.
Sheryl crow will be in Houston, performing with Martina McBride for our Freedom Over Texas celebration. You can watch it all right here on ABC13.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
entertainment, ilona carson
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk 54 min ago
- Severe weather clears Houston
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud 18 min ago
- New Houston light rail line to open for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting 38 min ago
- Deputies shut down game room in NE Houston
- Man barricades himself in house after allegedly killing wife 47 min ago
- 4 arrested on murder charges in NJ mall carjacking 16 min ago
- Ice pellets and snow frustrate holiday travel rush
- 'Topless' protest falls flat on Brazil beach
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?