Paula Deen re-scheduled for 'Today' on Wednesday
NEW YORK -- Paula Deen will appear on NBC's "Today" show on Wednesday, according to host Matt Lauer.
Lauer's announcement came Monday, three days after the celebrity cook abruptly canceled on the morning show, where she was scheduled to answer questions about her past use of racial slurs.
Lauer said Deen "told us she will be here this time."
While questioned last month in a discrimination lawsuit, the 66-year-old Food Network star admitted to using the N-word in the past, but she insisted she and her family do not tolerate prejudice.
Deen issued videotaped apologies Friday afternoon seeking forgiveness from fans and critics.
But hours later, the Food Network announced it would not renew her contract when it ends this month.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Parts of Astrodome to be demolished 47 min ago
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband wanted
- College student from Baytown fatally shot
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Winter Weather advisory for several local counties
- South Africans pray for Mandela 3 min ago
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's 12 min ago
- Teacher says he was fired because he's gay
- Icy storm sends Houston workers to help North Texas
- Rice wins C-USA title with 41-24 win over Marshall
- HFD captain receives award for courage
- Member of 2005 Astros World Series team returns
- Drivers stuck on icy I-35 as cold blast hits Texas