'The Bible' miniseries sequel to air on NBC
LOS ANGELES, CA -- NBC says it will air a sequel to the hit cable miniseries "The Bible."
The network said Monday that it will join with producer Mark Burnett and his actress-wife, Roma Downey, on the sequel. Burnett and Downey produced "The Bible" for the History channel.
Downey starred in "Touched by an Angel" and also played Jesus Christ's mother, Mary, in the miniseries that aired earlier this year.
NBC says the sequel has the working title "A.D.: Beyond the Bible" and will open in the days following Christ's death.
Casting and an air date haven't been announced.
Burnett's producing credits include the NBC series "The Voice" and "Celebrity Apprentice."
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- weather: Rain moving through our area
- Gas station clerks shoot robbery suspect
- Helping military families, one child at a time
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Search for missing jet now includes 25 countries
- 3 pieces of evidence point to jet's takeover
- Wrong way driver killed after slamming into students' SUV 41 min ago
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Houston Ship Channel collision under investigation 37 min ago
- Sea survivor keeps promise he made to dead friend
- Daughter asks: Who did I bury?
- Crimea votes on whether to secede from Ukraine 59 min ago
- Police: Man lived with dead wife for days