'The Bible' miniseries sequel to air on NBC
LOS ANGELES, CA -- NBC says it will air a sequel to the hit cable miniseries "The Bible."
The network said Monday that it will join with producer Mark Burnett and his actress-wife, Roma Downey, on the sequel. Burnett and Downey produced "The Bible" for the History channel.
Downey starred in "Touched by an Angel" and also played Jesus Christ's mother, Mary, in the miniseries that aired earlier this year.
NBC says the sequel has the working title "A.D.: Beyond the Bible" and will open in the days following Christ's death.
Casting and an air date haven't been announced.
Burnett's producing credits include the NBC series "The Voice" and "Celebrity Apprentice."
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- NASA hopes to avoid emergency spacewalk on ISS
- Woman's life spared by inches in freak accident
- Cyclists ride to honor woman killed in hit-and-run
- Witnesses pull woman from fiery wreck
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Shoppers getting excuses instead of packages
- California man accused of running 'revenge porn' site 11 min ago
- Astrodome to be considered historic landmark
- No jail for teen whose lawyers argued 'affluenza'
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees 32 min ago
- Two of 3 suspected burglars caught in the act
- HISD board to discuss mascot controversy 22 min ago
- Dead leopard, other swag snagged at mansion party
- Restaurant robbery attempt foiled by quick-thinking worker