Hallmark Channel, Marie Osmond talk show parting
LOS ANGELES, CA -- Hallmark Channel and Marie Osmond are parting ways.
In a statement Tuesday, the TV channel said it won't renew Osmond's talk show, "Marie," for a second season.
The show's producer and distributor, Associated Television International, said that "Marie" was going into syndication as originally intended. A fall 2014 launch is planned, the company said.
Hallmark said it wants to go in a different direction in daytime: It's decided that so-called lifestyle shows offering how-to tips are a better option on TV and online.
The channel said it expected Osmond to find "great success" in bringing her talk show to syndication.
She'll find a competitive field, which currently includes veteran Ellen DeGeneres and newcomers Katie Couric and Steve Harvey.
New and repeat episodes of "Marie" will air on Hallmark through September.
"Marie" has drawn interest from groups and key stations and will be made available to several outlets nationwide, said Jim Romanovich, Associated Television International's president, worldwide entertainment. He did not specify the outlets.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home
- Cigarette blamed for Taco Bell fire in Katy
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- Residents on edge after Montgomery Co. flu deaths
- Girls' softball league evicted from their field
- Chevron puts downtown Houston building plans on hold
- East Texas company making healthcare affordable
- Video: Lovie Smith interviews with Texans
- Video: JJ Watt now a superhero
- Investigators: Driver drank cologne to hide alcohol smell
- Dozens of people injured in London theater collapse