Bollywood star Hrithik Roshan undergoes surgery
NEW DELHI, India -- Bollywood actor Hrithik Roshan has undergone surgery to remove a blood clot in his brain.
The actor wrote on his Facebook page before going into surgery that he was suffering from a subdural hematoma.
Press Trust of India reported that the blood clot was the result of an injury to the head. The news agency said Sunday's surgery was a success.
The 39-year-old actor has acted in more than 20 films since rising to stardom with debut film "Kaho Naa ... Pyaar Hai" or "Say ... You Love Me" in 2000.
Roshan comes from a well-known Bollywood family. His father, Rakesh Roshan, is a film producer and director, and he is married to his childhood sweetheart Suzanne Khan, daughter of actor Sanjay Khan.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- weather: Storms moving through southeast Texas
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Smash and grab burglar targets tattoo parlor
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Hail coming down in parts of viewing area 13 min ago
- TDCJ van carrying prisoners crashes near El Campo 10 min ago
- Armed robber was never told to report to prison 57 min ago
- Nail flies into man's chest during freak accident
- Couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- Chip in at Chipotle for Discovery Green
- Most insane job interview ever
- Texas town recovering, year after deadly blast
- No sew: Create Easter tutus on the cheap
- Hail comes down in Stafford
28 min ago