Bynes appears in NYC court in suspected bong toss
NEW YORK -- Amanda Bynes showed up to court wearing a long aqua wig for an appearance on allegations that she tossed a marijuana bong from the window of her Manhattan apartment.
The 27-year-old actress is charged with reckless endangerment and attempted tampering with physical evidence. She did not speak at a brief court appearance Tuesday.
Bynes was arrested in May after building officials called police to complain she was smoking pot in the lobby. Officers went to her apartment where they say they saw a bong sitting on the kitchen counter. Prosecutors say she tossed the bong out the window in front of the officers.
Bynes rose to fame starring in Nickelodeon's "All That." But she has been in the news more recently because of several scrapes with the law and bizarre public behavior.
Her next court date is Sept. 26.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Severe weather possible this morning 11 min ago
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Police: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year'
- Turning those holiday gift cards into cash
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Video: Harris County inmates get early Christmas
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses