Bynes appears in NYC court in suspected bong toss
NEW YORK -- Amanda Bynes showed up to court wearing a long aqua wig for an appearance on allegations that she tossed a marijuana bong from the window of her Manhattan apartment.
The 27-year-old actress is charged with reckless endangerment and attempted tampering with physical evidence. She did not speak at a brief court appearance Tuesday.
Bynes was arrested in May after building officials called police to complain she was smoking pot in the lobby. Officers went to her apartment where they say they saw a bong sitting on the kitchen counter. Prosecutors say she tossed the bong out the window in front of the officers.
Bynes rose to fame starring in Nickelodeon's "All That." But she has been in the news more recently because of several scrapes with the law and bizarre public behavior.
Her next court date is Sept. 26.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- Student reports near abduction while leaving school
- Motorcyclist killed in NE Harris County wreck
- South Korean ferry boat captain arrested
- Texas officials say gang membership exceeds 100K
- Three accused of stealing items left on airplanes
- Promoters seek to bring back Galveston beach parties
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston