'Conjuring' brings unwanted attention to RI couple
BURRILLVILLE, RI -- The Rhode Island couple that lives in the house made famous in the movie "The Conjuring" say they're being troubled by people curious about the 1730s-era home.
The Woonsocket Call reports that Norma Sutcliffe and her husband haven't slept well in days because of people showing up in their yard in the middle of the night.
The couple has lived in the Burrillville home for 25 years. The hit horror film wasn't filmed there, but it is based on a supposed haunting that occurred when another family lived there in the 1970s.
Sutcliffe says strangers call to ask about the house and she's seen online comments from individuals who suggest it would be fun to break in.
She says she doesn't believe in haunted houses or ghosts.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
rhode island, entertainment
- Kubiak era ends in Houston 1 min ago
- Shots fired during armored car robbery on UH campus
- Winter weather wreaks havoc across North Texas 5 min ago
- South Africans mourn, celebrate Mandela
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Texans fire special teams coach Joe Marciano
- President Obama remarks on passing of Mandela
- Reaction to passing of Nelson Mandela
- How Mandela changed everything with a rugby jersey
- Instead of drive-thru breakfast, couple gets bag of cash
- Worker dies in trench collapse in NW Harris County
- Photos: Share Your Holidays Food Drive
- They're serious about spitting in Minnesota!
- 'Cannibal sandwiches' sicken Wisconsin residents
- David Nuno gets reaction from Owen Daniels
49 min ago
- Keenum to start rest of season; UH students...
58 min ago