'Conjuring' brings unwanted attention to RI couple
BURRILLVILLE, RI -- The Rhode Island couple that lives in the house made famous in the movie "The Conjuring" say they're being troubled by people curious about the 1730s-era home.
The Woonsocket Call reports that Norma Sutcliffe and her husband haven't slept well in days because of people showing up in their yard in the middle of the night.
The couple has lived in the Burrillville home for 25 years. The hit horror film wasn't filmed there, but it is based on a supposed haunting that occurred when another family lived there in the 1970s.
Sutcliffe says strangers call to ask about the house and she's seen online comments from individuals who suggest it would be fun to break in.
She says she doesn't believe in haunted houses or ghosts.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
rhode island, entertainment
- Two women found dead in Galveston County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe?
- Jimmy Kimmel ready to film show in Austin
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Teen in NW Harris Co. fight arrested after burglary
- Photos: Ladies' Night Out at RodeoHouston
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- Ft. Bend Co. girls softball league treasurer charged
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale