Entertainment

Amanda Bynes' mother granted temporary conservatorship over former child actress

Friday, August 09, 2013
Amanda Bynes

In a Tuesday, July 9, 2013, photo, Amanda Bynes, accompanied by attorney Gerald Shargel, arrives for a court appearance in New York on allegations that she chucked a marijuana bong out the window of her 36th-floor Manhattan apartment. Bynes has been hospitalized for a mental health evaluation after deputies said she started a small fire in the driveway of a home in Southern California. Ventura County sheriff's Capt. Don Aguilar says deputies responding to a call Monday night, July 22, 2013 found Bynes standing next to the flames in the city of Thousand Oaks, Calif. The deputies determined she met the criteria for a mental health hold and took her into custody. She can be held for up to 72 hours of observation. (AP Photo/Bethan McKernan, File)

A judge has granted Amanda Bynes' mother a temporary conservatorship over the former child actress.

Ventura County Judge Glen Reiser ruled Friday that Richard and Lynn Bynes should be allowed to limited control of their 27-year-old daughter's personal affairs, including medical treatment.

Reiser said a mental health court has control over Bynes' medical treatment, but if she is released from a psychiatric facility then her mother will have authority to decide treatment.

The former star of Nickelodeon shows "All That" and her own variety series has been in a psychiatric hospital since last month. Authorities placed her in the hospital after she started a small fire in the driveway of a house in her hometown of Thousand Oaks, Calif.

Lynn Bynes will also have control over her daughter's finances.

Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices

(Copyright ©2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Get more Entertainment »


Tags:
entertainment
blog comments powered by Disqus
Advertisement