Halle Berry, Jennifer Garner push for paparazzi bill
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Two big actresses are asking California lawmakers to support tougher penalties on paparazzi who harass celebrities' children.
Halle Berry and Jennifer Garner spoke about how mobs of paparazzi posed a danger to their families.
"Like the very man who threatened to cut the babies out of my belly, who was arrested waiting behind our daughter's preschool standing among the throng of paparazzi," Garner said.
The actresses support a bill that changes the definition of harassment to include photographing children without a legal guardian's permission.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- Student reports near abduction while leaving school
- Motorcyclist killed in NE Harris County wreck
- South Korean ferry boat captain arrested
- Texas officials say gang membership exceeds 100K
- Three accused of stealing items left on airplanes
- Promoters seek to bring back Galveston beach parties
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston