'Real Housewives of NJ' stars back in court
NEWARK, NJ -- Two stars of "The Real Housewives of New Jersey" are due back in court.
Teresa and Guiseppe "Joe" Giudice are scheduled to enter a plea before a federal judge Wednesday afternoon. Lawyers say both are expected to plead not guilty to federal fraud charges.
They were charged last month in a 39-count indictment with conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud, bank fraud, making false statements on loan applications and bankruptcy fraud.
The couple are accused of exaggerating their income when applying for loans, then hiding their improving fortunes in a bankruptcy filing.
They are also accused of submitting fraudulent mortgage and loan applications and fabricating tax returns and W2 forms.
Prosecutors allege Joe Giudice also failed to file federal tax returns from 2004 to 2008.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Man nabbed after video shows burglar staring at baby 31 min ago
- Security guard fatally shot in SW Houston 15 min ago
- HPD aims to keep officers safe behind wheels
- One killed in west Houston wreck
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Two people inside parked car shot, one fatally 15 min ago
- Michaels confirms breach of as many as 2.6M cards 45 min ago
- Texas town recovering, year after deadly blast
- Kansas City highway shooting suspect in custody
- 12 killed, 3 missing in avalanche on Everest 3 min ago
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Chris Brown trial could start as soon as today
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash