'Real Housewives of NJ' stars back in court
NEWARK, NJ -- Two stars of "The Real Housewives of New Jersey" are due back in court.
Teresa and Guiseppe "Joe" Giudice are scheduled to enter a plea before a federal judge Wednesday afternoon. Lawyers say both are expected to plead not guilty to federal fraud charges.
They were charged last month in a 39-count indictment with conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud, bank fraud, making false statements on loan applications and bankruptcy fraud.
The couple are accused of exaggerating their income when applying for loans, then hiding their improving fortunes in a bankruptcy filing.
They are also accused of submitting fraudulent mortgage and loan applications and fabricating tax returns and W2 forms.
Prosecutors allege Joe Giudice also failed to file federal tax returns from 2004 to 2008.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Gas station clerks shoot robbery suspect
- Helping military families, one child at a time
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
- Young artists put on unique display
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Man killed by authorities 'Into the wild' hunter
- Sea survivor keeps promise he made to dead friend
- Daughter asks: Who did I bury?
- Workers recover Bible from rubble of NYC buildings
- Police: Man lived with dead wife for days
- Girl, 5, spends day at wrong school
- Search expands for missing Rice U student
- Siblings rescued 8 hours after getting lost in woods