2nd Mellencamp son surrenders on battery charges
BLOOMINGTON, IN -- The second of rocker John Mellencamp's sons has surrendered for arrest on charges of punching and kicking a 19-year-old man in southern Indiana.
A Monroe County jail officer says 19-year-old Hud Mellencamp was released on bond after being booked early Monday on the felony battery charges. Eighteen-year-old Speck Mellencamp bonded out of jail on those charges Friday.
Authorities say Speck Mellencamp entered the porch of a man's Bloomington home and punched him in the face July 29, believing that man had hit him earlier that evening. Court documents say the brothers and another 19-year-old man "punched, kicked and stomped" the man who suffered facial injuries.
Court records don't list attorneys for the Mellencamp brothers. John Mellencamp's publicist has declined comment. The singer lives near Bloomington, 50 miles south of Indianapolis.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire 9 min ago
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident
- Boy buried by avalanche tried to bite his way out
- Trooper's wife killed when his gun accidentally discharged 54 min ago
- Toddler uses Facetime to get help for mom 36 min ago
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- Ukraine PM: Won't give up 'single centimeter' 47 min ago
- Corvette driver killed by suspected drunk driver
- Fast food restaurant held up by armed suspects