Photographer sues Kanye West over LAX scuffle
LOS ANGELES, CA -- A photographer who claims he was attacked by Kanye West at Los Angeles International Airport is suing the rapper.
Daniel Ramos is alleging assault, battery, negligence and violation of his civil rights in the lawsuit filed Wednesday.
Ramos was a member of the paparazzi who staked out at the airport July 19 to snap celebrity photos. He was talking to West, who stopped and addressed him.
Ramos claimed the rapper then suddenly punched him in an unprovoked attack and wrestled his camera to the ground.
Last week, the district attorney's office declined to prosecute West, saying Ramos didn't have a significant injury. The city attorney's office was considering whether to file misdemeanor charges.
An attorney for West couldn't immediately be located.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
los angeles, entertainment
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one 49 min ago
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston 57 min ago
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Amazing images from midair accident in Florida
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident