Selena Gomez: Don't ask what Swift said at VMAs
LOS ANGELES, CA -- Did Taylor Swift really utter an expletive to Selena Gomez when One Direction and former love interest Harry Styles took the stage for the MTV Video Music Awards?
Don't ask Selena Gomez.
Swift's seemingly foul-mouthed reaction shot lit up social networks and became an instant GIF. But Gomez reprimanded a reporter who asked what Swift said at the premiere of Gomez's new film, "Getaway," on Monday.
"Don't try that with me," Gomez told him.
The young star later said that she's protective of her friends.
"I think girls need to be more supportive of each other. I definitely agree with that. I'm all about that," she said. "Taylor has been one of those girls. We have been friends for five years. She is very strong. She doesn't care what people think and she inspires me."
Gomez won best pop video for "Come & Get It" at the ceremony Sunday and said she didn't expect to win.
"So I am watching the beautiful boys, One Direction who are not bad to look at, then they said my name. I looked at Taylor ... it was surreal. Because I do put so much work into my music. There's so much talk of everything. But I did put my heart and soul into it so I was really excited. It was great."
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Sketch released in murder of two Houston women
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Information on price tags decoded
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer
- Sandy Hook shooter's dad wishes son was never born 19 min ago
- Shopping for a wireless plan? Check here first
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- Battery dead? Use the virtual smartphone
- Counterfeit health and beauty products arrests in NY
- Peru: Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038
- Kansas City-area spelling bee finally ends!
- Travis Herzog's Monday weather forecast
41 min ago