Zeta-Jones and Douglas 'taking some time apart'
NEW YORK -- A spokeswoman for Catherine Zeta-Jones says the actress and her husband, Michael Douglas, "are taking some time apart to evaluate and work on their marriage."
Publicist Cece Yorke said in an email to The Associated Press on Wednesday that there would be no further comment. A phone call to a representative for Douglas wasn't immediately returned.
People magazine, citing unnamed sources, first reported that Zeta-Jones and Douglas had decided to spend time apart.
Zeta-Jones, 43, and Douglas, 68, were married in 2000. They have two children. He battled throat cancer in 2010 and made headlines this summer when he spoke out about one potential cause, oral sex.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Road rage incident ends with shooting of girl
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Nice weather for Easter!
- Good Samaritans run over in SW Houston carjacking
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians
- Officials bust meth lab inside million-dollar home
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck