George Strait sets dates for last run on the road
NASHVILLE, TN -- George Strait will finish off his two-year farewell tour in the biggest house in his home state of Texas - the Dallas Cowboys' AT&T Stadium.
The country superstar held a rare news conference Monday at the stadium to announce the last leg of his The Cowboy Rides Away tour. He announced he was retiring from the road last year but still plans to record, recently agreeing to a deal for five more studio albums.
Strait will take a who's who of country music on the road, including Merle Haggard, Miranda Lambert, Jason Aldean, Eric Church, Sheryl Crow and Ronnie Dunn.
The 61-year-old kicks off Jan. 9 and plans stops in Nashville, Los Angeles, Chicago and Foxborough, Mass., the first of two stadium shows to end the tour.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston 26 min ago
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico 6 min ago
- Security guard fatally shot in SW Houston 43 min ago
- Man allegedly seen on video during burglary charged 36 min ago
- It's Free Stuff Friday!
- Man avoids $525 fine for soda refill
- Two people inside parked car shot, one fatally
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in San Antonio
- Woman forgives son's killer at the gallows 7 min ago
- Chipotle plans first price hike in 3 years
- Use natural dyes to decorate Easter eggs
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain
- Michaels confirms breach of as many as 2.6M cards
- Kansas City highway shooting suspect in custody
- Travis Herzog's midday weather forecast
36 min ago