George Strait sets dates for last run on the road
NASHVILLE, TN -- George Strait will finish off his two-year farewell tour in the biggest house in his home state of Texas - the Dallas Cowboys' AT&T Stadium.
The country superstar held a rare news conference Monday at the stadium to announce the last leg of his The Cowboy Rides Away tour. He announced he was retiring from the road last year but still plans to record, recently agreeing to a deal for five more studio albums.
Strait will take a who's who of country music on the road, including Merle Haggard, Miranda Lambert, Jason Aldean, Eric Church, Sheryl Crow and Ronnie Dunn.
The 61-year-old kicks off Jan. 9 and plans stops in Nashville, Los Angeles, Chicago and Foxborough, Mass., the first of two stadium shows to end the tour.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Police: Woman tried to abduct boy walking to school
- HFD vehicle involved in deadly accident
- ABC13 gets exclusive tour of home after drug bust
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Officer fatally shoots burglary suspect
- Girl bitten 100 times in New Zealand dog attack 12 min ago
- Malaysian couple to hang for murder of maid 8 min ago
- Turkish PM threatens to ban Facebook, YouTube 6 min ago
- HPD officer involved in northeast Houston crash
- Neighbors forced to pull up community garden
- Arrested partiers claim Galveston police went too far
- Fire engulfs northeast Houston home
- Obama imposes sanctions over Ukraine crisis
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos